• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

fencelake

70cc twin V2
yep, even twins, in my opinion, should not use standoffs, no matter what the size.
for 50 cc and under, might be ok, but for anything bigger, standoffs are less able to dampen the vibrations of a 2 stroke.

Well, I kind of wanted to paint in front of the firewall anyway... now I have an excuse to take it all apart!

I would leave it alone!!
In my case, the airplane is super smooth, i have never seen an airplane "not shake" like this one. But, once the RPM gets about 1200, it would start to shake and vibrate.
Now, the RPM gets to 900, and the shaking is way less. At 1200 or 1100 rpm, there is no shaking!!

I am considering making this block, instead of plywood, out of aluminum.!! this will be fun to do, kind of like the old mount extensions that they used to make, something called, i forgot, blazing star or blazing saddles!! LOL. I forgot which!

fencelake

70cc twin V2
I would leave it alone!!
In my case, the airplane is super smooth, i have never seen an airplane "not shake" like this one. But, once the RPM gets about 1200, it would start to shake and vibrate.
Now, the RPM gets to 900, and the shaking is way less. At 1200 or 1100 rpm, there is no shaking!!

I am considering making this block, instead of plywood, out of aluminum.!! this will be fun to do, kind of like the old mount extensions that they used to make, something called, i forgot, blazing star or blazing saddles!! LOL. I forgot which!

Well, now... I don't know if I can leave it alone! Half the reason I'm in this hobby is to not leave things alone! Hahaha!

Will be removing that plywood mount, looks like it has deformed and now i have up-thrust, airplane is not flying well.
I started building an aluminum mount.
it is not finished. I just dropped it off at a friends house, he will finish it off. I will post pictures of the final product tomorrow. Goal is for it to be under 9 ounces.

IMG_7533.JPG
IMG_7530.JPG

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Geez !!! Looks like you are milling out an engine block there.... impressive undertaking !