• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

then I drilled out the center. this took a long long time!!

it is far from finished. My buddy will finish it off for me.
Hopefully by tomorrow night, it will be ready.

IMG_7528.JPG

Komet163

50cc
That is old school technology but it still works. That's how Charles Taylor built the engine for the wright flyer. Cool stuff

14 ounces!! way too much!
i just sent my buddy a text, to see how we can cut it down some more. I need it to be in 6 ounce range.

Mikeq

150cc
14 ounces!! way too much!
i just sent my buddy a text, to see how we can cut it down some more. I need it to be in 6 ounce range.

Wow...cant you move your batteries back a 1/16 0f an inch to balance...LOL.... dang Cam that aluminum mount is awesome. You ought to mass produce them...I'm sure plenty of people would choose them over plywood...looks good
giving-thumbs-up-winking-smiley-emoticon.gif

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
Every one of those cross braces can be machined down to about 1/8 of what they are now! No need for that much metal, there's not really that much stress in the mount other than front to back.

Wow...cant you move your batteries back a 1/16 0f an inch to balance...LOL.... dang Cam that aluminum mount is awesome. You ought to mass produce them...I'm sure plenty of people would choose them over plywood...looks good
giving-thumbs-up-winking-smiley-emoticon.gif
A buddy of mine runs CNC lathe and prototrak style mills. He can do about anything you can dream up. We did a 2.625" mount for my crap ass BME 116 a few years back, when Kyle couldn't. We even did a 3"for a DA85 for a guy in Cali.

No need to reinvent the wheel. There are people out there who do this for a living and on the side, like me. Only thing is......... I'm laid up for the next 3 mo with a broken pelvis. I could have done the exact same
thing for you even with you supplying the material for nothing, just cover shipping each way. But I'm out of commission for 2.5 mo.

Just some info........ The one I made out of ply was WAY lighter than the one ou
t of alum. Like half the weight. As long as you have used a good HQ grade of aircraft ply, the corners will not cave in like cheap crap ass ply.