• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hangar 9 3.1M Sukhoi

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Mikeq said
Just be careful and not reverse your servos..be funny seeing you rudder angled for a left turn and the plane turns right...LOL
That would definitely be a shocker for sure. 

shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
For those interested.... I stopped over to my friend Larry's today. Forwarded the two photo's I would like to use for the Sukhoi shirts. Explained what I had in mind. He is going to start working on the graphic so that I can send it to a company that actually does the specialty shirts like we are wanting. I wanted him to do everything, but as he explained to me...it would be more cost effective for a company that actually does this stuff all the time. I do have one company in mind. I met Mike Frome's dad at Wenatchee this past summer. Super guy and he mentioned he would do some really cool shirts for our warbird event. I figure he can handle this as well. 

If any of you out there have suggestions also on a company to do these shirts, then by all means let me know. Also, I don't think it really has been decided on the exact style of shirts. Does everyone want "T" shirts? Short sleeve, long sleeve...something a little heavier? Hoodie"? Also, color??? Very important for them to look right....right???

Anyone that is interested, please chime in anytime. 

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
After thinking about this for quite some time, I did decide to be fair and give EVERYONE an opportunity to obtain Sukhoi shirts. I hope it does not offend anyone here...or "there".

http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93173#post2207705

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
This is my thoughts on the Sukhoi shirts.... First image can be on the front or back or whatever everyone wants. It can be either one of these two images. Or both... one front, one rear. OR??????
image1-sukhoi.jpg

When-youre-this-bad-ass.png

I plan to have the images rounded or oblong or whatever everyone wants. For the first one, I could have the caption below it saying something to the affect of: Hangar 9 Sukhoi SU-26. Fairly basic and very plain... With the second, I also would have it rounded or oblong or whatever... The caption on this one however would be arched above the plane saying, "When you're this bad ass..." Then below the image also arched to match the curvature it would say, "Everyone stops to watch you fly". Then below that in horizontal lettering: Hangar 9 3.1M Sukhoi. I also would like to make the shirts complimentary for other Sukhoi owners not of the H-9 persuasion. It is totally up to you guys. Tell me what you want..... I for one am voting on the Bad Ass theme. I may have another of the "basic and plain" version made, Just cuz. If any of you have any other thoughts, please by all means... share. So way open to suggestion here.

Watta ya want guys?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
ChickenBalls said
I got the 97" one for a winter assembly, and I'm up for Sukhoi shirt, even with 3.1m on it. I vote Bad ass theme
Cool... Maybe we could just eliminate the 3.1m on the "Bad Ass" scheme. And have it just say Hangar 9 Sukhoi SU-26? Or just Hangar 9 Sukhoi?? Whatever you guys want.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Keep the 3.1m, I'm only one, and bunch more of you fellas. Hell the group of AARP card totin bastidss I fly with, won't know the difference anyway.