Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale ARF Build Threads' started by AKNick, Jul 16, 2019.

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

1. DLE35RA

8.0%
  2. DLE55RA

38.0%
  3. DA35

4.0%
  4. DA50

20.0%
  5. OS33

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Ummmm yeah..... I'm going electric

18.0%
  7. EME35 But will you use the electric start version???

2.0%
  8. DA60

6.0%
  9. GP61

2.0%
  10. GP38

2.0%
  1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    I can understand the plane but they should keep parts for a while they are not that big to ship , cowl or windshield for example.

john Derstine likes this.
  2. just looked at my gear after the maiden, my landing was not so pretty ,but drop in from about a foot, tires mashed down a bit, gear looked ok, but when I measured between them they had spread over an inch, and that's with my little stretcher bars in place, So i have decided to order the cub gear. (while they are still available). Hoping my 8mm Airtop wheel bearings slip on the axles as they are 5/16" which is 8mm or close. Horizon makes most of their accessories in Vietnam, while the kits come from China. my dealer said he may be able to get another kit if I wanted for now, he is Chinese Filipino and he is somehow getting things direct from China perhaps grey market. but he can't get the accessories as he can't order from Vietnam, so ordered from AeroBertics in the Netherlands.

And good news my eye candy Falcon prop came today. No drill press here, so careful drilling with my hand drill and DLE jig.
    IMG20210608122124.jpg

WMcNabb likes this.
  3. So much for the slats debate. ripped right off in flight, doing some rather extreme maneuvers, never saw it come off which is weird, but I noticed a trim change right away, had to put in about 3/8 right aileron and some rudder, wondered why and when I landed found out. IMG20210614071300.jpg

4. on a positive note, I was able to take out much of the down trim having increased the down thrust and moving the engine up. Carbon prop made a huge difference. had to reduce the idle trim a lot. spins up much faster, pulls better up line, trying to take it a little easy, but failing :) did spins snaps, knife edge, point rolls super easy to fly, only I'm way out of practice.

pawnshopmike likes this.
  5. searched the thread in vein, anybody know if the stock prop clearance on the 60cc Cub gear is less or more than the Timber gear? I saw the shortening mods, but I don't have a shop and drill press any more to do it right. still may attempt it however. I want to protect my precious Falcon prop, it's the only one in the Philippines :)