• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters
Thanks Nick, Sh** happens, purely operator error, very lucky, could have hit the ground in many worse ways. Got to be careful of it now as no spares or kits any more. I'd have it back in shape in a few days except had to order materials from the US. so I'll get that gear coming too.

Good thing it is repairable and will be back in the air soon. That was bad luck you could never hit it if you tried.
That's for sure, the other axiom is if it's there you will hit it. all those poles are a recent development by the adjacent land owner to make a statement. typical here. so the field has been degraded a little because of it. Doesn't affect the other fliers so much as they all fly foamies for the most part.

guess I'll stick with the Airtops for 60 bucks they work really well with no air in them, and are thick to resist puncture. if that is, you use them to land

Attachments

• Snapshot.png
    Snapshot.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 215
waiting on covering and balsa, did manage to reinforce the wing root area where it had stress cracks, sandwiched carbon tow between plywood. good thing I previously added glass reinforced hysol to the wing tube area and the struts with the addition to the aluminum strut pass through, no damage to struts or attach points.
IMG20210625082704.jpg IMG20210625082719.jpg

covering and balsa should be here mid week, meanwhile some progress while waiting. Interestingly the main spars are balsa with thin hardwood lateral cap strips. stripped the covering all the way down the D tube to inspect, found a cracked sheet, and now I can cover over the slat holes and strut inspection cover properly. not finished prep on the damaged D tube yet.

IMG20210625082745.jpg IMG20210628173513.jpg IMG20210628172011.jpg IMG20210628172210.jpg IMG20210628172025.jpg